Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

End of a fleeting love affair

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by ngalbrai, Mar 10, 2012.

1. #1 ngalbrai, Mar 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    ... start of a new one... Just test rode the object of my desire, bonneville se, bitterly, bitterly dissapointed, really wanted to love it but just didnt do it for me. Tried a street triple omfg! So easy to ride, inspires confidence for the inexperienced (current bike cb400) sounds fing amazing and what an engine, torque from down low, smooth, revs like crazy. I think i "need" one. Cb400 just felt wrong and so gutless afterwards. I knew it was a mistake to test ride grown up bikes. Once probation at new job over i will get one. Wow. Love the look and heritage of the bonnie still but felt like a tractor. Turns out i am not the distinguished pom gent i thought. Any other striple testers whose heads were turned by something else? Want to try f800r on a mates recommendation to be sure but i think i am in love.

2. You wouldn't be the first person to have been smitten by the Triumph triples (and probably also to have been disappointed by the twins).

3. I think someone else on netriders is starting up a little str triple club.

4. ps - I gots me a STR.

5. so did I

6. Two very different bikes!

7. Get the Street Triple you wont regret it. Ive had two of them.
    They are the best all round bike for the road, they're just that good at everything. Track days, commuting, thrashing, touring, stunting, they do it all. Not to mention the sound :D