Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ello Ello

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by dance_hard, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Thought I should introduce myself, long time lurker, first time poster.

Hail from Sunny QLD but moved to Melbourne about 2 years ago, live and work in Collingwood.

I recently did the license course and passed with flyer colours, so I've decided to buy a bike. Part of the reason being an upcoming trip OS to the US and maybe SA with a mate where we will be riding around.

I like the more classic naked looking bikes and want a project that I can ride when needed. Won't be using it for a commuter as I live on the same street I work on.

I'm looking at the Honda CX500 and the CB series as a base for cafe conversion, i like the scrambler shape.

Once I have my bike I'm hoping to document the project on a blog and I'll get along to the Elwood meet to meet some fellow newbs and get advice from some of the other guys.

I think that about covers it. :]
  2. Welcome to NR.

Sure there will be a lot of interest in your blog. Plenty of spanner warriors here!

Best of luck with it.

3. Cheers Greydog. :]
  4. Welcome.

If you do a search here you'll find a thread on a CX500 cafe conversion in progress...
  5. Yeah, he has done a great job so far!

This is my inspiration.
  6. To be honest the Moto Mucci CX had been raved about but it really is a pretty simple build and would be easy to replicate, even a decent trimmer could chop the stock seat down and recover to match :) If you're just after the look then you could build that pretty cheap and it would sound great and be fun to ride. Go checkout the Aussie CX forum (http://australiancx.asn.au/forum/) for more info on them or feel free to ask, I know mine inside out now and hope it'll be up there with the quickest CXs in the country after this round of mods with cafe fairing, head work and carbs etc :)

7. Thanks Steve,

I think that is what I like most about the Moto Mucci CX, the simplicity. Yours is a beautiful machine though, thanks for the link!
  8. So it isn't a CX but I made some progress on my journey and am working out how to get down to Sydney to pick up a pretty clean Suzuki GR650 that I won on eBay tonight. I don't have many plans for it at the moment, I want to see how it rides before I go changing anything (If I change anything at all!). So excited! :LOL: [​IMG]
  9. Always exciting to get a new bike. Are you intending to ride it back from Sydney?
  10. That was the plan, it looks like I may have a mate from Sydney bring it up for me. He has done a lot of long rides and spent 3 months riding across South America so I think I can trust him. Probably best given I'm new to riding and would be on a new (to me) bike.
    • Like Like x 1