Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Elizabeth St Bike shops to StV's Hospital distance

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by PJ2, Jan 7, 2007.

1. I'm just looking at maps at the moment but I am wondering how long it would take to drive and also how long to walk from StV's Hospital (cnr Victoria pde and Nicholson St) to the Elizabeth street bike shops.

Also are the bike shops all in a row like in Ringwood or are they all dotted around.

2. No idea on the time will take to walk or drive.
    On ya bike, go on off you go, then report back in.
  3. Depends how fast you walk really... Maybe half an hour & they're pretty much all together.

Between the Vic Market & Latrobe...
  4. it's a long walk in your riding boots. city circle tram should get you there in about 10 minutes. walk probably 15 - 20 minutes. and bike probably 2 minutes flat :grin:
  5. It would be easier to walk than drive because parking a chariot is not so easy or long in that area.
  6. The free City Circle Trams run every few minutes along Latrobe St and turn off at Nicholson St so to save walking just jump on one of them (they would be the brown painted W Class trams).

I do it all the time when I need to get from one end of Latrobe to the other and feeling lazy (most times) :wink:
  7. is just in case you crash just after buying your bike? :LOL: :cheeky:
  8. I work near St Vincent's and regularly go down to PS. Should take you 10-15 mins walking fairly fast. Not too big a deal as you can just hoof it via La trobe St and that's fairly quiet at any time of the day/night.
  9. At Ringwood there are around half a dozen shops within 500 metres of each other. PS is somewhere in the middle.
  10. u just missed the main stripe from latrobe to lil lonsdale. :cool: