Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Elephant & Wheelbarrow in St Kilda

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by puppywarewolf, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Hi everyone. The Pup hasn't been posting much lately. Not very often I am on the internet these days. Now most of you know I play every Saturday night at the Elephant and Wheelbarrow in St Kilda.

Tonight as I arrived at the venue there was a Virago parked outside. Nice bike if you are into cruisers I guess. Now, the rider was a bit silly in leaving their helmet on top of their backrest just like they do outside pubs and bakeries at Marysville and stuff.

NUMBSKULL!!!!!!

As I left the venue, at 3.30am, the helmet wasn't there. I just hope that the rider came back and took the helmet with them, OR someone pinched it.

Do people on cruisers seriously think that they are like, serious bikers and stuff and that noone will pinch anything from their bike cause people will think they are a Hell's Angel or something? I mean, it's only a Virago.

Anyway I seriously hope Mr or Mrs or Miss or Ms Biker Boy or Gal didn't have their helmet stolen cause they'd be riding home with no helmet looking like Fabio riding down Melrose Drive in Beverly Hills.

LOL @ Fabio. So gay.

Cheers all.

I miss you all.

Oh, the Pup is off restrictions at the end of this month.

Hope to see you all soon.

2. Unfortunately, for some Australians, when the booze beckons, thinking takes a hike. I wonder if this same person leaves his helmet on the sissy bar when he goes to Myers, or his local bread shop?
    I always take my helmet and gloves with me, even if I'm only going into the console in the servo and I can see the bike through the window; just suspicious, I guess!! After all, unless you have travelled in civvies and just worn a helmet, people are going to know you are a rider by the rest of your gear anyway, and why give people the opportunity to steal your gear???

3. Likewise. I used to hang it on the lock provided under the seat of most bikes I've owned until one day a mate of mine in Canberra came back to his bike to find that someone had cut the strap and taken the helmet, leaving the buckle still attached to the bike lock.

So now I always take it with me.

(as an aside, I always have the idea in the back of my mind that, if I meet someone unsavoury while I am carrying my helmet, it would make an excellent impromptu means of defence)

4. Hi Pup!

Good to hear you're still around! How is our favourite ZZRpup?

:D :D :D

5. Hiya pup!! Indeed as lil says, it's good to hear from you again. And can't wait until u get off your restrictions and do a celebratory ride :D

6. Good to hear from you Pup.

Congrats on getting off the restrictions soon.

Cheers
    Lids
    :D :D

7. Thanks Lil and 'Fling.

Your ZZRPup has NOT left the building. Just loitering at the moment in the hallway.

Haven't been riding much lately. MISS IT!!!

The band is now up to 3 nights a week, and as of September we go to 4 nights a week and there might be a 5th night as well. So busy busy busy.

But yes, a celeberatory ride for getting off restrictions. BUT unfortunately won't be upgrading for a while cause I spent money on a brand new drumkit which will be making stage debut around October. It's gonna turn heads!!!

Maybe someone can lend me a massive Superbike, so I can go and cane asses at Reefton so hard they will have to lay down some new bitumen, cause that's what I do.

I'm very sad that my pet project of Moto ZZR250 didn't get off the ground. That Ron Walker guy thought that the Commonwealth Games were more important, but he'll come crawling back to me begging me to send him abroad and cut deals with overseas people and show them hi tech PowerPoint presentations of my concept.

But until then, Play-Doh! ... Melbourne's Most Playful Coverband and latest Teen Sensations will be tearing it up at a venue near YOU!!!!

www.playdohlive.com Bringing back the ROCK CONCERT!!!!

YOUR ZZR250 PUP... who, as of next month will be known as MOTO GPC, but still riding a 2 fif-tee!!!

Aslo a big shout out to Mouth, Groberts (one day we will meet), Deyago (Happy Birthday), Flipper, Lids, Titania, Fixed and all of those who know the Pup. Love yas!!!