Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Electrics problems (indicators)

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Waynee, Apr 29, 2012.

1. I recently installed new rear indicators since I had integrated ones which were illegal... I disconnected the indicator wires from the integrated lights but left the brake wires connected as it was.

When I installed the new rear indicators (soldering) they worked perfectly however when I took it for a test run I found that when indicating either left or right the front indicators would both flash, the side indicated was a normal flash however the other side which was not suppose to flash was lighting up for a short interval and was rather dim in contrast. This is happening when the bike is running.

Not to sure if the bike has a stock or aftermarket relay, the integrated lights were not installed by me but by the first owner of the bike.

Would anyone know a solution?
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. Make sure the flashers are earthed properly.
  3. +1 earthing issue. Does it happen to the opposite side when indicating left and right?
  4. Did you go from LEDs in the integrated unit to incandescents?
  5. Yes, it happens on both sides when the bike is running.

All I had before were the LEDS from the integrated lights, I added the LED blinkers since the integrated ones weren't street legal. So all my rear lights are LED at the moment.

Found this site, hoping it will work!