Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Electical problem with TU250X cafe racer

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by squidman, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Theres a bike for sale on Gumtree, a Suzuki tu250x thats been turned into a cafe racer, the guy wants 800 for it and says it has an electrical problem, that it can be clutch started but will blow the fuse when it takes off.

I really dunno if i should go through with it, i just wana be able to buy the bike, fix the problem if its a quick fix and rego it so i can start riding. Whats your opinions??
  2. If it's your first bike then buy something else, it will sour your taste in motorcycling chasing electrical gremlins.
  3. Mate, if you dont know how to troubleshoot electrical & or any other mechanical problems & fix them you should give it a miss & buy a working bike with no problems.

But if you are up for a challenge, take a punt & go for it.
  4. I've actually just bought a Honda CD250 around 20 minutes ago with 12 months rego for 2,000, gonna turn it into a cafe racer, thanks anyway!! :D
  5. Good choice