Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

EBC HH Vs Extreme Pro

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Macca_Gong, Aug 8, 2011.

1. So time to fix the 2 things I dont like on my new CBR250R 2011

Non adjustable levers are in the mail

and the slight lack of brakes, They are good, but not as good as I would like them to be, More initial bite would be nice and some more grab on them.

So im looking at replacing the pads with ether the EBC HH or Extreme pro.

It turns out my bike uses the FA196/FA142 pad on the front after doing some searching

So any guys used the above pads and care to comment on them, Have not read much about the Extreme Pro's

EDIT- Got the more correct pad for the bike.

2. Extreme pros sound like a bit of overkill for street riding. You'll be using them in the wet too, and the initial grab will be more or less the same.

EDIT: what rating do the stock pads have? I went to HH on a hyosung and that was a fair improvement. Took about 200km to get used to the new brakes and not lock it up all the time.
  3. EBC HH pads are da bomb. After trying a few others, I've come back to the EBC fold.
  4. No idea what is on the stock brake set up, At a guess I would say some organic pad would be on there.

Good part is I only need one set of pads to suit a single caliper, so not overly expensive, I dont like skimping on pads at all after using many decent pads on my car, The next set for the car is DBA4000's and some nut coretex8 pads A bloddy $600 job there
  5. i've recently moved from ferodo sintergrip to ebc hh and the difference is huge.
    the rear brake never locked up even in wet, but first ride with the ebc and i (intentionally) slid the bum.

very low speed eg in carparks is a touch too snappy, but it's only been a week, it'll get used to them.