Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ebay visors??

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by burna, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Sorry if this has been asked before, I have searched n couldn't find anything.

I have a Shoei TZ-X with the CW-1 visor. With the genuine shoei tinted visors ranging from $110-$150 I'm wondering if anyone has used the cheaper ones on ebay??

Like this;

At around 1/3 of the price they do look attractive but I don't know if they are good quality or safe.

2. Cue the beige in 3,2,1...
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Sorry, what does that mean??
  4. You're obviously too far gone if you think that calls out the beige brigade.
  5. What's the go Dougz? I thought this place was for riders to help out (and meet up with) other riders. Having a pop because a new member doesn't want to be bum fucked on price is a bit harsh isn't it, or am I missing something?
  6. Pretty sure Dougz meant to say that the beige brigade will be posting saying it is illegal due to AS approval etc etc etc...
    • Like Like x 1
  7. In that case, apologies to Dougz and I did, indeed, miss something.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. You get what you pay for, not all polycarbonates are created equal....is that beige?
  9. I'd strongly advise against cheap visors (i.e. from 3rd parties) as I'm pretty sure they would get scratched and all in no time.

I use genuine ARAI dark tinted visors, and as ridiculous as it may sound, I ride with them at night as well with NO visibility issues whatsoever (in fact they reduce the glare from on coming traffic too). Not sure if cheap 3rd party visors would offer the same visibility. Plus the genuine ones are scratch resistant as well, so will have much longer life.

And, so long as your helmet has the AS sticker, don't worry about the visors ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  10. #10 Jem, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012

Might I suggest that you Internet search fu is a bit off. I typed in Shoei CW 1 and got this-

$89.95 for the visor sorry could not be bothered looking at delivery etc but way under what you thought.

Cheers Jeremy

Opps had a closer link and dark tint is an extra $20 so $109. I would still go the original as easy to add pin lock inserts to. Have you thought about getting a tinted insert instead? Or perhaps the photochromatic one so no need to ever change visors it is about $100. I wrote a thread about it as I have one I will try and find it and post linky
  11. I did the same search, the $89 is for clear - the tints do run to $150.
  12. For dark tint it's $20 extra, for iridium it's $60 extra..
    • Like Like x 1
  13. #14 Caz no 2, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
    Yep have purchased genuine Shoei visor from OS, think it may have been either UK or US. Heaps cheaper will see if I can find you the link.

Here it is, from UK.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. 'Pretty sure' eh? Well I'm 'pretty certain' you're guessing mate. If you don't know, don't say.

More guesswork?

I too use Arai. They are NOT scratch resistant.

You need to think before you post, don't lie and don't spout perceived facts based on nothing but what you perceive may be correct. Deliberate Misinformation is a really shitty thing, despite your possible good intentions...
  15. Well, a sage person is the one who learns from others' experiences. Just so that you know, you don't have to re-invent the wheel everytime you want to ride, someone has already done that for you.

As for Arai visors, ALL genuine Arai visors have a scratch resistant coating applied to them. That said, it doesn't mean you can put a knife to them and they would be fine, it's merely a COATING afterall. They are not for life, but will surely last longer than cheap knockoffs.

And not sure what Arais are you using but mine are yet to get any scratches, even the iridium one, which are infamous for their propensity to get scratched.
  16. OP, I have the same helmet and ordered an eBay visor from the US, probably from the same dealer you're looking at. Is it perfect? Nope, but i think it's OK. Has it got a couple of scratches on it over time? Yes, but so has my genuine Shoei clear one. Would I pay full price for an Aust Shoei tinted visor. Nope. Would I buy one again? Probably, coz I'm a tight arse.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Hi,

Very happy with it so far was great over winter, so far so good in Summer.

I do not find the need to wear sunnies as well.

I am live in Nunawading and work in Hawthorn drop me a PM if you want to come and have a look.

Cheers Jeremy
  18. Scratches on the visor has as much to do with the user as anything else. My son for example has been known to badly scratch a visor within 5 minutes of putting on the helmet. I on the other hand can have a visor last a couple of years.

Happy you can wear a dark visor at night, I (and most people I know) certainly can't. I bow to your obvious superiourness.