Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ebay Leather

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by UserInterface, May 23, 2013.

1. Yeah but when I look at some of the pics they look really loose, probably not a big issue when its only $100 but I just spent a third of a months pay on gear so don't want to waste money if they are no good, as it is I have $40 left for 3 weeks :( . Shame they are in NZ and not local or maybe could go try it on..
  2. Jeez I paid $299 for mine and I thought THAT was cheap!
  3. Yeah but you know yours fits.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Utter shit. Generally, if someone brings a suit like that in for alteration or repair, we won't touch it.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks hornet, think I will give it a go. I'll watch the measurements like you recommend.
  6. #9 robsalvv, May 24, 2013
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
    There's only one reason why leathers are cheap.

Go have a look at LizDerome's good gear guide to get educated about gear, and find a post around here someplace, on the types of leather - let me see if I can find it.
  7. Buy cheap, expect cheap. Durability and performance will be minimal.
  8. Can't find that post -it explained the types of leather really well. I thought @ozmotorcycleleathers made the post a couple of years back ??
  9. If you are on a budget then buy a used jacket of a well known brand. Pretty sure you can get a used one for ~$150-$200. With Ebay jackets, quality can varies.
  10. I should mention that I happen to know that a set of these leathers have been crash-tested (not at race-track speed) and while they are scuffed, the rider (NOT ME) is quite UNscuffed!
  11. Just my two cents, at least when you can try the gear on you have some idea on what is being sold. Cheers,