Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

eBay: I just hate stupid people

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' started by Tomkah, Nov 5, 2015.

1. I would like to quote one of today’s great minds, Mr. William Ray Engvall Jr when I say: I just hate stupid people! They should have to wear a sign that says “I’m stupid!”.

That way you wouldn’t rely on them, would you? You wouldn’t ask them anything, you’d be like “Excuse me...oops, never mind, I didn’t see your sign.”

Like before my wife and I moved from Sydney to Brisbane, our house was full of boxes, there was a U-haul truck in our driveway. My friend comes over and goes “Are you moving?” “Nope...no, we just pack our stuff up once or twice a week, to see how many boxes it takes. Here’s your sign!”

That’s why there are warning labels on products, it’s not for us, it’s for stupid people. Let me give you an example. On a tube of the haemorrhoid medication Preparation H it says in big bold letters “Do not take this orally!” But you know, that somebody wrote them a letter:

“Dear Preparation H, I ate this whole dang tube but I still got these haemorrhoids! My mouth is sooo small...I can barely eat a jelly bean...but I can whistle really good.”

Or when I listed these items on Ebay (see #252130040095):

Brisbane: Adidas Climalite bulk shirts & shorts sizes S, 11-12Y near new

Seller Notes: “The red shirt has some runners so I am throwing it in foc. It is not part of the auction. Let me know if you don't want it.”

You are bidding on 3 Adidas shirts size S, 1 pair of Adidas shorts (label removed, I am guessing size 10) and 1 pair of Veto shorts, size 10. All Adidas clothes are Climalite, the Veto shorts are of a similar material. All are in excellent, near new condition. You will also receive the red Adidas Climalite shirt (11-12Y), which has some runners, see picture. Let me know if you don't want it.

Our home is smoke free but not pet free, but our pets have never worn any of these clothes. Our son grows like a weed and has worn most of these only a few times, if at all.

Buyer to make contact within 24 hours or the item will be relisted. Pick up from 4520 Highvale or postage.

Along comes an Ebayer, let’s call him turboxxxxxx2013, no wait, xxxxxtoohey2013 and buys the items for $30 incl. free shipping to Aldinga Beach, SA.

Upon receipt of the items, Tooltool2013 leaves negative feedback and then sends me this message:

“Pretty disappointed in your items.. All clothes varied in sizes that you had deck scribed to be .. Red too had a pull in the front of the shirt - worthless- these items were far from the near new as described .. Will not use you as a purchasing source again.. Very unhappy”

See!!! If he’d been wearing a sign, I could have stopped him!

I could have said: “Now you are not going to understand this but...when I wrote ““The red shirt has some runners so I am throwing it in foc. It is not part of the auction. Let me know if you don't want it.”, what I really meant to say was that the red shirt has some runners so I am throwing it in foc, it is not part of the auction and to let me know if you don't want it.

But you know who the real idiot is? ME...coz I gave Dumbdumb2013 positive feedback.

Somebody get me a sign!
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Ebay is full of idiots.

Like the towbar I bought recently, where there was 10 in stock. I sent my wife to pick it up and pay cash and she was told they had to order it in. And pay a shipment fee. This was despite 2 emails on the very subject before I bought the item. Unfortunatly the plonker cancelled the order before I could leave any negaive feedback.
  3. If you are selling items and telling people to FOC themselves no wonder you get negative feedback :)
    • Funny Funny x 3
  4. Wait 'till you have to deal with eBay's so called customer service. IQ of a butt plug.