Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Eat your heart out, Evel Knievel... I just watched a rocket bike jump

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Loz, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Man, I get to see and do some crazy shit... But this one pretty much takes the cake. Check out the video, it's mental.

Video: Eddie Braun jumps the Snake River Canyon in an Evel Knievel-style rocket bike

New Guinness World Record jump of 4728.9 feet over the Snake River canyon. fcuken unbelievable. I was 15 metres from the launch ramp.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Now that's an epic ride :)

You lucky bastid :)
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. That's fcukin rad!
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. Man that thing accelerates almost as quick as my fully sick blinged up Ninja 300....
    • Funny Funny x 4
  5. Yes LozLoz, I would definitely agree that this one takes the cake!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mad!!!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Not very motorbike like in action or landing though.
    More like a rocket that happened to have wheels to guide the launch and then a parachute landing.
    At least Guy Martin and the Triumph land speed record thing starts, runs and finishes on two wheels.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. agree - seems the definition of a motorbike is pretty broad afterall
  9. As I recall, Evel Knievel originally tried to make a motorcycle with a pair of side rockets and some wingish things that would do the jump. It failed miserably and the actual attempt was made in a rocket almost identical to this one. I don't think anyone's calling this thing a motorcycle, it's a straight up rocket. Still epic as hell to watch, and I'm buggered if you'd get me into one!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Looking at it - it seems as though the way he sites, his feet are in front of him, and not over the side. As such - it would be more technically correct to call this a rocket scooter than a rocket bike. ;)

And as such, now we have a scooter that's jumped further than a motorbike. The world really is going to @#$!!
    • Funny Funny x 3