Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Eastlink Camera Locations!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by fekkinell, May 29, 2008.

1. I just received an email that you guys may or may not have seen yet, but I guarantee most will enjoy! :D

Subject: Fw: Speed cameras on Eastlink

The locations are as follows :

WELLINGTON ROAD ROWVILLE OVERPASS BRIDGE BOTH DIRECTIONS 6 CAMERAS 3 IN EACH DIRECTION.

These camera's are mounted high up in the honeycomb design of the underbelly and special attention has been given that they not be seen from either direction.

GREENS ROAD DANDENONG OVERPASS BRIDGE BOTH DIRECTIONS 6 CAMERAS 3 IN EACH DIRECTION.

Conditions of installation same as above.

EASTLINK TUNNEL RINGWOOD 12 CAMERAS 6 EACH SIDE.

These cameras are located at station box B22 and can move on special slide rails that allow them to be moved forward or backwards between station Box B22 and B35. these are expected to raise the most revenue.

FRANKSTON FREEWAY TO GREENS ROAD OVERPASS DISTANCE 17 STRAIGHT KMS. (IDEAL DRAG STRIP)

This area is of major concern for the State Government, at this stage no legislation has been passed for the installation of cameras in either direction until you hit the Green Rd Bridge. Signs have been erected along this 17km strip that indicate 'Speed cameras operate in this area' in both directions but nothing is operating. The Government does not want to project itself as an immediate cash cow and as a result will not introduce them until next year at this stage.
    They have placed into the road when the bitumen was poured, electronic trackers which are a new system of detection that works like the ones on the Geelong Freeway that measure you by Time Vs Speed.These are still being tested and measured for accuracy and efficiency.

It is possible that random mobile units may be deployed or hand held speed guns used as it is feared that this strip has become nick named the Dandy Dragstrip by the workers.

2. Anyone who speeds where it's safest to do so has rocks in their head. The police/govt have all those areas covered.

Please, if you must speed, take it to the most dangerous, bumpy, narrow back road that you can find. Cops never patrol those roads.

Just stay away from the smooth, straight, well surfaced and wide roads. They're the ones that are really dangerous.

3. Ironic isn't it :roll:
    Proof once again, it's not about safety, it's about revenue raising :evil:

4. Thanks for the info. I dont plan to use the thing after a months up anyways. Is criminal the taxes they make you pay on rego and petroleum, then have the balls to charge you for tolls as well, criminal :evil: Yeah yeah, just coz they doing it in NSW for ages still dont make it right. I know its done the rounds on this forum many times but I voted for that backflippin S.O.B Bracks onhis election platform of no tolls on this neck of the woods as it is my neighborourhood.

5. Thanks for the info....

One point of correction - the Geelong freeway is not a time v's speed - it only detects speed and does not currently average between points. According the the Geelong police anyways.

6. The state labour government betrayed about half a million voters with its Eastlink tolling back-flip. Now that the mortgage belt crisis is starting to bite deeper, and the Eastlink runs right through the middle of the main Melbourne mortgage belt, I find it hard to fathom that voters won't punish the state government once the freeway opens and people find that they simply can't afford to use it, all the while the state government is sitting on a many billion dollar budget surplus that could've paid for the road within 12 months, with no tolls.

The Liberal party only need to put someone semi-competent appearing in charge and address their in-fighting, and the next state election will be a slaughterhouse for Labour MP's.

7. +1 to that why is it we one get the choice of 2 incompetent dick heads to choice from?

Yeah seen this email, meant to post it...am keen for this free bicycle day, i reckon i will be heading out with my camera, and probably get a bit exhausted right under each said area to have a closer look :wink:

8. So considering the Geelong Freeway has standard speed cameras (at this stage anyway) and it's actually the Hume Freeway which has the time/distance cameras how much more of that e-mail message is inaccurate??

9. Its so easy, from now and on, I'll do 90kph on the freeways in the right lane.

When pulled over, I'll act all freaked out and say that I'm so scared of slightly going to fast I might get a ticket.