Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Eastern Creek Track Day

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by Swerve, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Well went to EC for my 1st Track Day yesterday.

Geez it was fun. I spend most my time getting my cornering skills up and trusting a lean. Also focused on corner entry and exit speed and not just trying to go fast the whole circuit, except the straight (210km/he but who’s counting)

Out of around 25 whites (beginner) 7 people crashed. On the first session on the exit of corner three we had three riders down. Second session rider down at each corner 5 and 9 (right hairpin). Then on session 4 a Yamaha R1 had to much entry speed on corner 4 and missed the turn and ran off the track ended up lying it down right in front of me. Then session 5 on corner 3 exit (to much exit speed and into a sand trap and bike was cart wheeling.

Overall a great day and higly recommended. Learnt alot about cornering and trusting a lean. Just don't get to stupid.

Riding home on normal roads felt so boring !!! But hey it was fun.

2. Way to go Swerve, glad you managed to keep it upright :grin:

Is that normal for that many too come off on a track day? When we did PI a couple of years ago, there wasn't one casualty. :shock:
  3. I don’t know what is normal but the organisers got cranky and told us all off at lunch for people crashing.

People were idiots and overtaking on yellows, close passing etc, and hopefully all those dicks are the ones who crashed.
    :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
    :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  4. Thats a real bumber that all thoses people came off.
    Good to hear that u were in it to improve ur riding, not to race people.
  5. It was good in a sick way as the last two came of directly infront and I could see what they did !

1st one entry speed to fast (corner 4) and forgot he had to start turning, into the grass and then laid it down.

2nd one exit two fast (Corner 3)and ran of the track into sand pit and then over the bars and bike started to cart wheel.

Made you realise know how fast you can enter and exit corners and you wil be fine. I did start to think about buying a track bike as it was fun and if I did crash cheaper to repair. I'll just keep dreaming

6. I MUST do one of these soon. How much? What are the requirements? What is expected of you?

Chris? Donk? Micky?? Lets GO!
  7. Website

In short you need to have leathers and no textile clothing. I was part of a group so got a little discount. Prices are on the website and around $167 i think.

Just thinking about it, Gez it was good, brings a smile to my face :LOL:
  8. do you need your full licence to get on the track or can you get on with say L or P plates? just curious cause i may get the chance in the next little while to go down to the creek in the new year but wont have my full licence.

9. Glad you done it. you will never look back.

All the times I've been to track days, its the wanna be racers in the fast group who can't keep the wheels facing down!

Look out the 13th!