Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Eastern Creek track day Easter Monday 06 April 2015

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by POPEYE, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Couldn't help myself, booked another one.

If anyone wants to share a garage with me, just PM me.

Think I'll take my bike this time, those S1000RR's are not cheap to hire.
  2. Damn these midweek track days :/
  3. What do you know! Luckily, and solely for your benefit, I talked to a few people I know who have a bit of influence, and they have made that particular Monday into a public holiday!

As thanks, you can buy me this or a case of this. I don't really mind which, but remember no one likes a tight arse. PM me for address.
  4. Some of us plebs are on call :/

But thanks for pointing out the blindingly obvious ;) Hah what a fail.

I'll get the scotch but you'll have to share ^_^
  5. .............................on another note, I just got this email from SMPRD (probably a last hurrah to fill all spaces before the organizer hands over to Stay Upright):

Cameras now allowed at Sydney Motorsport Park!
    Yes, you are reading this right. Cameras are now permitted at all Sydney Motorsport Park Ride Days. There are certain rules and regulations relating to the use of cameras of course…such as having the camera mounted with a manufacturer spec mounting (no duct tape or bungee cords allowed!), and using discretion on making publicly available any incidents that are captured on film (full policy details to follow)…but the good news is, that you can now begin to use this equipment at all Sydney Motorsport Park Ride Days. So…get filming!

Filming Policies:
    1. All camera mountings must securely mounted and be manufacturer specification. No duct tape, bungee cords or other temporary mounts.
    2. All cameras must be mounted so as to not create a hazard to the rider or other riders in the event of a crash or collision.
    3. Cameras can be mounted on motorcycles only. No cameras attached to helmets and / or any other parts of the riders body.
    4. All cameras and mounts must be scrutineered with the motorcycle on the morning of the event, or before being used in the riders first session.
    5. There are to be no cables or other attachments between the motorcycle and rider.
    6. Any footage released publicly that is deemed inappropriate to be viewed (such as crashes and / or situations resulting in serious injuries to participants) and / or footage that is considered damaging to the venue, promoter or industry, could result in the banning of the rider from future Sydney Motorsport Park Ride Days or California Superbike School events.
  6. Wish I could join!
  7. Do you need leathers ? or can I join some noob group and use my road kit ?
  8. you will need helmet, full leathers, full length gloves & boots, a roadworthy bike & at least your Provisional license (no L's allowed).

Otherwise you can hire riding gear for the day, i think its $85.

You can also hire a BMW S1000rr for $425 for the day, $5000 max liability though (certainly makes you ride smarter!),

there are a couple of introductory sessions for noobs & first timers.

Apart from that away you go.....
  9. I got my full license, check, full gloves check, boots I think so and a GSXR 600, check.
  10. seems like its just out of date, if you go to the bookings it has the 6th as an option obv.
  11. Go here & book ASAP in white group if you want to join in on the 6th

click book now

if you miss the booking you can go on the short list or just turn up 7am to go on the waiting list....some one will drop out eventually during the day.......literally
  12. Lol, cheers.