Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Earth tremor?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by I Adore Vic, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Hey all. I was just sitting at the table doing some study and the bloody floor, chair, table, pot plant on top of the table started shaking. Lasted about 7 seconds. Anyone else feel this?

2. I heard it, but didn't feel it.. :?
  3. Nup but I am up 30 storeys! :shock:
  4. LOL who u got under the table Rosie?

:LOL: Sorry coulnt leave that one alone
  5. i thought that was just my stomach :?
  6. Sorry!

My fault!

-I'll warn everyone before I get an erection in the future!

Return to your homes!
  7. Obviously not a common event then? :p :LOL:.
  8. So did you hear it AnotherMacca? Where are you located?

jd - that site doesn't work. :? I'm trying to find out whether what I felt did indeed happen.
  9. Believe me, baby... it's real :cool:
  10. Okay, try just going to the seis homepage http://www.seis.com.au - then click on "Latest Earthquake News". If something did happen they should be the first ones to know about it (Edit: Nothing on there at the moment though).
  11. So the earth moved for you too ? ;)

sorry Rosie, could not help it !
  12. I'm in Mornington. I thought someone had backed a truck into the factory wall.. :? 3 seconds later I got a few MSN's asking if I'd felt the tremor..
  13. Discussing it on the radio 774 right now.
  14. Yes!!! I didn't imagine it.

The rest of you - I figured you'd all respond as such. :roll: :p :LOL:

15. AWESOME!!!! So I had every right to feel scared?! How far/wide did they feel it?
  16. 774 guy just said it was approx 3.5 on the richter scale and originated approx. 70kms east of Melb. with a radius of about 50kms.
  17. I leave Sydney: Sydney gets hammered by lightning storms.

I leave Melbourne: Melbourne gets shaken by an earthquake.

I leave work today: oh come on, come on, please, pattern & logic; don't fail me now...
  18. Ktulu... :LOL:

Here's a link to info on the quake:

click here
    P.S....mods...I posted this here in General Discussion like seconds after the quake (well I went to the loo first) because I figured I was about to die and I didn't think anyone would be aware of my fate should I post in Off Topic stuff. You should all feel special that I did my Sept 11 type message to you guys. :p
  19. Oopss sorry Rosie i knew i shouln't have eaten those baked beans :p