Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

earplugs, do you use them?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by cleanhands, Sep 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I recently picked up a roo pipe from a wrecker, to put on my cbr. I heard that it was loud, but I didn't realize it was THAT fcuking loud. My ears actually hurt after riding my bike. It sounds awesome and is very effective at scaring people, but I'm considering taking it out again due to the volume... In the meantime I've resorted to putting in a pair of in-ear phones with some really low music or none at all which makes it that much more comfortable to ride.

Just curious, those of you with loud ass bikes, do you put anything in your ears? or do you like thumping your ears?

2. Just started using them recently because I couldn't stand the helmet wind noise. I found they help, but after a while (1-1.5hours) they start to hurt because you hear a lot more lower noises (air thumping on helmet, bike vibrations through your body etc), but I just use the cheap disposable foam earplugs. I can't remember where I've seen them, but someone advertising on here has moulded earplugs for around $80. Would like to hear peoples experiences with these......

FYI: http://www.webbikeworld.com/Earplugs/earplugs.htm

3. I always wear ear plugs - I cant stand the wind noise over 80lm - might be the helmet but it is deafening [and in fact it probably is - a consistent noise over about 30 mins or so of 100db will permanently damage your hearing - adding to the noise with music from headphones will make it worse]. once your hearing is damaged there is no return.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.