Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Early Christmas present - to myself! :D

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by Nucleotide, Dec 23, 2012.

1. I decided to upgrade my 06 CBR1000RR to the latest 2012 model. Picked it up Friday afternoon.

Haven't had much of a chance to really ride it yet. Done about 80-90k's.

Handling, power delivery, braking - it's amazing to ride. I can't wait to get it out on the track (hopefully PI early next year).

Still waiting for the fender-eliminator to arrive so I get rid of that unsightly thing hanging off the rear.

2012-12-21 18.29.06. 2012-12-21 16.49.28.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Nice! Is there a noticeable difference between the 2012 cbr to the 06?

I'm not sure if getting a fender eliminator is a good idea. I assume your Vic and I keep hearing of people having issues with the Police.

But hey if you do....I'll totally make an offer for that unsightly piece of plastic, so I can chuck it on the 954 ;)...

pfft liberty...i wish we had it.,
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Don't people usually just put the fender back on, get rid of the defect notice, then take it back off again? Regardless, nice bike bud! I believe they changed the crap out of the engine didn't they? Have a friend looking at the new ones so did a tiny bit of research, but it's not for me so I didn't look that hard haha. Did you get a good amount for your old bike?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Congrats, I wish I could have a christmas present this awesome :LOL:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. It all feels very different. The bike just drops straight into a corner with very little effort. With the 06 you almost had to force it into a corner.

Power delivery is a lot smoother - but it delivers it damn quick if you want it. :woot: You can roll on and off the throttle, even at low speed, without getting any jerking or unsteadiness.

Braking is also fantastic - where the 06 would dive heavy, this one doesn't. There is a lot more control when heading into a corner under brakes.

Overall it's just a much more highly refined package and it feels a lot better to ride - as you'd imagine. It's almost too easy to ride actually.

I'll find a piece of quite road in the next few days and test out the ABS. I've never been on a bike with ABS so I'd like to know how it responds under heavy braking. Should be interesting.

I had one on the 06, not to mention the rego sticker under the back seat, and in two years none of the cops said anything about it. I live in a reasonably small town so it will only take a couple of weeks for the bike to become known. If I don't have any issues then I'll be more then happy to part with that unsightly piece of plastic. (y)

I traded it in. They gave me $8000 for my 06 - cost me $10,000 change over, on the road. Fairly decent deal I thought.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Apparently it also has linked breaks, so if you smash on the rear it applys a little bit of front break (and vice versa) without you doing anything.

Looks like you got a great deal with the trade-in
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Very nice indeed - congratulations
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Jealous
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I wasn't aware they were linked. Interesting. Thanks for the video as well - good to know what to expect. :)
  11. Well done, it's a beaut.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Very very nice!
    • Like Like x 1