Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

D'you reckon this bike is stolen?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Seamus, Jan 6, 2008.

1. There is a show quality Hog being sold on autotrader.com.au for only $5,300.

There are a couple more quality Hogs going for less than ten grand and the adds all have a shonky looking gmail contact email address too.

Click here to go see one of the ads... I'm raving on about. :)

Am I missing something maybe?

2.  Top
  3. I just reported them to the trading post to have removed (I can't sleep - tonsilitis) :cry:

4. I've seen these ads on both autotrader and either bikepoint/bikesales. the same guys appear to be selling a GSXR-600 and an R1 for the same price. The seller appears to be overseas, so i'd treat it it with caution :?

5. Massive scam... Steer very clear of these types of sales.. :evil:

6. If you make contact they will give you a pitch about you paying up front to a 'trusted holding company', the bike is delivered and then you have 3 days to decide if you're happy with it or not - and can elect to keep it, or return it & get your money back from this super-secure, well-trusted, 3rd-party cash-holding company who don't even charge any fees... wow!

It's bullshit.

"If it's too good to be true, it probably is."

7. Whoops sorry!

[proper Ktulu post]

I wouldn't even pay HALF that for a stupid Hardley that doesn't turn corners and is stupid.

Stupid.

[/proper Ktulu post]

8. i know of a fella that actually thought he was onto a Harley 'bargain' about 6 months ago, he shifted 13k into the nominated bank account..and guess what...?
    ...no bike and no change!
    D'oh!!!
    ...not very smart, but can lift heavy things...

9. free shipping = no inspection = bike doesnt exist

10. yeah, i think it would be a scam

11. Looks like the add may of been changed its a HYO 250 in the add now and the price is right .? :?

Or an I missing some thing :oops:

12. Im getting an add for an 04 250 Virago in Tasmania for 4000 grand

I's confused :?

13. A lot of ads like this popping up in Motorcycle Trader as well, dodgy freakin scammers.