Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dyno tune

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by ibanez, Apr 24, 2008.

1. My bike is in need of a dyno tune, any recomedations of where i should take it? I live in the Ipswich area but am willing to travel to the Brisbane area surrounds. thanks

2. LAE.

Don't have their contact details handy. Google might though ;)
  3. thanks vic. have you used them?
  4. Nah, they are a bit far for me ;)

One of the blokes that worked for them flew down to Melbourne when we held a dyno day a few years ago.

I've heard good reports but unfortunately, no first hand experience.
  5. no worries vic, just thought i would see if anyone in this forum had any first hand experience with a good workshop i could take my bike to.
  6. What is wrong with your bike?
    What is your skill level with spanners?
    What type/make of bike is it?

I will try and help!
  7. LAE Racing are a great bunch. Had my GSR with PC3 remapped by them a couple of weeks ago, did a good job on it.
  8. PM sent ozzyfzr

good to know
  9. What does a dyno tune for older carburetted bikes involve? Check A/F mixture, run it on a dyno, then swap jets in and out until it's satisfactory?
  10. Correct.
  11. Try Fred @ Sirco as well
  12. Hi all,

Related question - what sort of ballpark figure do you think I should expect to get my single cylinder/carb, two-stroke NSR dynotuned.

Putting on new exhaust and filter so will need a tune.

What have you paid for a simple carby tune at a dyno place?

13. Anyone know if Brisbane Motorcycles are any good? They claim to have some super-fancy dyno setup, but I haven't used them and haven't really heard anything about them. Will probably want to get the Bandit dynoed/tuned/carby balanced at some point, since as I think I said before I'm not even sure whether it's been jetted for the pipe and air filter it has. Maybe LAE are the go...?