Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dyno tune a bike (Adelaide)

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by GForce, Feb 18, 2006.

1. if i was going to get a bike dyno tuned in adelaide, where would i go to get this done? also how much does it usually cost?

2. Why do you want to put it on a dyno?

I only ask because they're really only useful when altering settings on the bike (eg. jets, efi) to find the optimum.

There's not much that can be changed on a 250 that will significantly increase power. Pipe, filter and jetted to suit will add an extra 5hp if you're VERY lucky, because these motors are so highly tuned already. If you really wanted to get serious, you could port the intakes, fit full headers/system, and skim the head (increase the compression), after this you would PERHAPS end up with a further 5hp (but not very rider friendly!). After all of this cost however, you'll be wondering why you did it!

Little will be gained from putting it on a dyno without trying out parts, unless you just want a piece of paper showing the output.

To find a dyno near you, best is to look in the yellow pages for bike garage ads. Prominent places will advertise dyno services. Usually a flat fee is charged per run, plus labour time, can range from $50 for a single run up to $250 for a few runs with a few hours labour.