Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dust off those Playstation 2s...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by LineNoise, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Oh. My. God. Yes!

Just found out tonight that Polyphony Digital's (of Gran Turismo fame) next project is called "Tourist Trophy". Basically a GT for bikes game.

Details were announced at the recent Tokyo games show and with a bit of luck we'll see it by Christmas (depending on translation).

Would be nice to see a good and vaguely realistic bike game after being stuck with the garbage that is the MotoGP series.

Some details and a trailer here: http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/09/16/news_6133518.html

2. As you said Oh my god yes

All I can add is Wow :!:

I want one right now with or without the translation :)
  3. Did the IoM TT PS2 game ever appear on the shelves here?

The UK mags had articles about it some months ago, but I haven't seen it.
  4. Yes it did but it was sort of hidden up the back.

AFAIK it wasn't very good.
  5. K-mart have a Suzuki SBK game, including sidecar mode, at the moment for $30, graphics on the back looked a bit basic, but it may be all right.
    Fast bikes gave it the big thumbs up, but I don't know if that means it is good or garbage. :?
  6. lol scooter.

Last good bike game I played was EA SBK 2001 which is starting to get very dated and temperamental with Windows XP.
  7. Hope the kids can teach me how to use it by then! froflmao!
  8. Can't wait, hopefully the racing is better than those Riding Spirits games. Be nice to see a decent range of bikes, hope they include plenty of non-Japanese manufacturers.
  9. I wonder if they are going to map the entire TT course, one of the car games did the entire Nurburgring... all 14 miles of it?
  10. Only two tracks have been named so far - Tsukuba and Fuji Raceway, of course the've already modelled Suzuka for Gran Turismo so I reckon that would also be a given. Only bikes confirmed so far are:
    Honda CBR600RR
    Honda NSR250R SE
    Honda CB750F
    Honda CBR1100XX
    Yamaha YZF R-1
    Yamaha MT 01
    Yamaha TZR 250 SPR
    Yamaha Grand Majesty 250
    Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    Suzuki GSX1400
    Suzuki Hayabusa 200 mph
    Suzuki GSX-R600
    Apparently there will be a few 80's bikes but the majority will be 90's and current models. European manufacturers will be represented (no info on which ones) but doesn't look like any American bikes will be included.
  11. hmmmm, wonder how the MT-01 is going to handle?
  12. Jeez, graphics are pretty amazing... Took me a minute to decide whether they were mixing real footage with CGI stuff!

Bring. It. On.
  13. I sold my PS2 to my son-in-law cos I wasn't really using it. Looks like I might need to buy it back!!!
  14. The whisper is yes pending any possible agreements needing to be signed. They also say it will probably include most (or all) of the tarmac tracks from GT4 so that means Nordschliefe is already done as is Suzuka, Motegi, Laguna Seca, Circuit de La Sarthe etc.

Would be nice to see Philip Island in and preferably all of the MotoGP and SBK circuits.
  15. So no-one thought MotoGP4 was any good?
  16. :shock:

Polyphony can make realistic games?? Could've fooled me.... :p

mmmmmmm rubberband AI's, no real major reworking other than graphics since GT1.... I'll pass....

Wonder if microsoft will fund a decent bike racing game soon... One can only hope... Forza shits all over GT....
  17. whats a forza?
    is that the game all the xboxers like cause they dont have a ps2, oh yeah i remember now
  18. online play would have been better
  19. i liked moto gp4 7thsin
    very much the same as number 3 though