Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dunlop Sportmax Q2

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by MattybGSR600, Dec 28, 2011.

1. :biker:Hi there all just though i would put up a post on the new Dunlops i put on my Suzuki GSR600 today. I went for the sportmax Q2 and i am so so glad i did. As soon as i left the bike store i could notice the diferance in the tyres from my old continental i had on the rear. It felt a lot more stabe and reassuring even with the shine still on the tyre. I headed straight to the adelaide hills for my favourite road to medows, as i new the road i thought it would be safe for me to 'scrub' in the tyres. As soon as i hit the windies even with the shine on the tyre i had what felt like a lot more grip and the bike 'dipped' in to the corners to much more smothly then i have ever felt it. I was instantly faster, and as they 'scrubbed up' and got up to temprture they just got so so much better. I am not quick rider, but felt a lot faster with these tyres and i felt more confident leaning it into corners. I have a lot of riding in the next few days on some of our great adelaide hills so ill update the progress on the tyres i get more confident on them. In short i love them so far and would say they are a great choice for a bike like mine... :)