Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dunlop Roadsmart????

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Ice o 75, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Hey All,
    Just wondering what sort of K's people are getting out of Dunlop Roadsmart tyres?

2. i got 3000 out of my rear, but to be fair that is because they are the shittest tyres in the known universe.
    they are so totally shit that they're actually dangerous.
    they are commonly fitted to new bikes simply because the bike manufacturer gets the cheapest bid to buy them in bulk.
    i was an idiot for not ditching those tyres the second i bought the bike. figured i'd be a tightarse and use them up anyway.
    those tyres will kill you and they should be banned.
    tyres are important. not something you should be a tightarse about.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. If youre thinking about using these you should also consider Angels, they just won 1st place in dry weather use and very good in the wet plus you can get high mileage out of them too (this test was completed in Germany a few weeks back)

Just so you know, Roadsmart 2 came in 4th place out of 5.http://www.linkint.com.au/pnews_articles/583-news.html

• Like Like x 2
  4. Surprised to see Pilot Road 3 ranked lower :(
  5. Shouldn't be of any surprise Goddie, these are the best wet tyre but not so good in the dry, a tyre that looks like that can only be good in the wet.

Truth be known they have a stability issue, that's why you have to keep the pressure high.

6. That's the weird thing about tyres isn't it, I had a set of Angels and absolutely hated them, no feel AND poor mileage. I went back to a straight sports tyre after that as in my experience you either have grip and feel or mileage, you can't have both!

I used to run PR2's on the Blackbird which were a great tyre, can't comment on 3's but if you are sport touring rather than fanging it everywhere they would be worth a try