Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dunlop Qualifiers

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by Roarin, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Anyone tried these tyres? Specifically the front? Reason I am asking is I am looking for a Dunlop front for my baby 400 that will last more than 3500kms. Tried a 208. Went outside the family & tried a pilot power but it only managed about the same before it was down to the wear indicators. I am quite happy with the Dunlop GPR100 rears -get good miles out of them with excellent grip & feel but looking for something that will match the rear nicely. Any ideas/experiences?

2. Can't help you there mate - but to sidestep a bit, what do you think it is about your riding style that puts so much stress on the front tyre? I've had more than 10,000k from a front Strada...

3. I have a D208 on the front for 6000kms now and have recently replaced the D220 on the rear with a Qualifier. Out of them all, the Qualifier is by far the stickiest and hence most quick to wear down (much like the Powers if not a little faster). The D208 sucks in terms of grip and really shows now that I have more comfort with the rear and tend to pressure the front tyre more now in cornering.

I will soon be swapping the front D208 with a Qualifier although I am not looking for endurance but rather comfort in what joins me to the ground whilst cornering. Go the D220 if you would like a good allrounder as I did not mind that tyre.

Regards, Nick

4. Well, I definately don't have the power to slide the rear, so I guess I have to make do with sliding the front from time to time :LOL: :LOL: My guess is it's something to do with wieght distribution. Can probably afford to go for something a bit harder on the front but looking for a compramise between soft to touring hard. Maybe I'm looking for something that doesn't exist?

5. The Q's have a rep of wearing very fast; two mates each only got around 3k km out of their rears.

I only got 3,500 out of a Pilot Power on the rear but close to 5,000 out of a Dunlop D208RR (which is a diff tyre from the 208 and the 208GP).

6. not sure about the qualifiers but i've got (i think - its dark outside right now) a bridgestone bt-010 on the front and its seen me through a couple of track days and plenty of commuting with no slippage yet. seems to wear pretty good too