Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dunlop Q3 Sportmax

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Michi, Sep 17, 2014.

1. I'm looking for a suitable summer trye for the road and maybe the odd track day. Does anyone have these fitted and can provide feedback on thier experience with these?

2. Ive got this fitted on my bike, seems ok, but I havent ridden the bike in anger or any track days, so cant comment on those things. Mine is a chicken strip galore used for commute.

My only worthy contribution would be to but it from Jake Wilson, much cheaper than buying it in Australia, ive also noticed that it doesnt have that shiny/slippery crap like my previous tyres.
  3. No personal experience but I did notice that California super bike school have them fitted to their s1000rr hire bikes so they must be a decent ride day tyre
  4. All I've heard about Q3 is that it is extremely good sport tire.

It's carbon sidewall allows running even lower the pressure (which is beneficial in sport riding scenarios to have a bigger contract patch GENERALLY).

Unfortunately I haven't been riding on it myself so can't provide real feedback.
    It's a bit different tyre to what I normally run and I simply don't want to mess with my bike suspension anymore due to the change of the tyre.
  5. Try and get the Sportsmarts if you can, same tread pattern but a much better tyre!

NTEC construction in the rear, and the jointless belt technology
  6. had those before and would go with Q3.
  7. Thanks for the feedback so for guy's, keep it coming. They do sound interesting with the new side walls and think I will get a set soon.