Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dunlop GPR100???

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by mcbigg, Nov 25, 2005.

1. I ordered a front Dunlop GPR80 for my little ninja, and upon getting it home, I've noticed that its a GPR100.

I've done a quick search here and on google, and can't find any real details about this tyre. (One other guy in a uk forum asking the same questions i am).

Is this tyre the replacement for the GPR80?

Does anyone know anything about it, or had any experience with them?

Does anyone know a web address for Dunlop motorcycle tyres?

2. I'm not 100% certain so don't quote me, but I believe I read somewhere that the GPR100 is the Japanese market version of the GPR80. There was apparently a fire at a factory somewhere, and supplies of Japanese produced tyres are being used to fill the gap, but that they are exactly the same tyre.

Not definitive, but;

3. No, they are a replacement for the GPR80. Different tread pattern but not sure on the compound. I am on the 2nd set on my 400 & I reckon they are a great tyre. I ride my 400 pinned to the stop & bouncing off the speed limiter everywhere & still got just over 7500kms out of a set with no slips or slides out of them :D Enough grip to scrape the fairing lowers & knock the spring off the side stand on the little NC30 :LOL: :LOL: And there are more than a few R1 riders wondering "what the f##k was that & where did it disappear too?" Good tyre for grip & wear in my experience