Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dunlop GP Racer 209 E rear tyre 190/55R17 - super cheap

Discussion in 'Archived' started by SHEPPO, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all,

Got a tyre here that now wont pass scrutineering at the PI ride days due to low tread depth on one side, so it's of no use to me.

It's one of the Forumla Extreme control tyres they race on. It is a two compound tyre (soft sides, harder middle section), and the Endurance compound.

I use these tyres for mostly track days, but have ridden on the road with a set, and they were very nice indeed.

• LH side is above the indicators by a bit
    • Middle is very deep!
    • Rh side is on the wear indicator

4 or 5 Heat cycles (can't honestly remember) on this tyre, always used with tyre warmers at the track.

It's annoying for me as the tyre has life left in it for Phillip Island, but the scrutineers aren't very understanding. Since i run different tyres on the road, i wont make use of this tyre anymore.

Would suit someone who commutes along long, straight roads, as the middle is very, very meety still. Will be fine on the road even on the worn down side, just wont be as good in the wet for obvious reasons. So if you're in need of a cheap tyre to get you by, let me know. It's not gathering dust in the roof of my garage.

I'm after $50 for it.

Pick up in SE Suburbs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.