Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dumb Drivers!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by sonja, Jun 16, 2006.

1. That's right, I got in a fix on my way home.

There's an intersection here that really needs overhauling and SOON. One woman and her unborn son have already been killed as a result of it (she was a pillion) and I could have been the second.

Here's how:

I'm coming along at a fair pace, and Car 1 decides it's time for him to go. I hit the brakes, wondering what the heck he was doing.

Obviously not seeing me (I would have been blocked by Car 1), Car 2 decides it's time to go as well.

I slammed on the brakes and hoped like nothing else that I wouldn't run into the back of him.
  2. This is the situation where anticipation on our part will really help in avoiding problems. The driver in car2 might not have seen you or might have been thinking that you were slow enough not to catch up with his/her car since you gave way to car1.

Anyway good to hear that you've gone thru that situation alright.
  3. Thanks Undii.

not sure what I did wrong there (probably a lack of .jpg or whatever).

kanduli01- I don't think that Car 2 saw me - they started around the corner just after Car 1 was turning.

I imagine it's very hard to see a motorbike through another car.