Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Duke 390 PowerPart Illumination Kit, is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by chaostheory, Jun 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. G'day,

I've been looking everywhere for even a mention in regards to how people find the illumination kit for their Duke 390's. I'm literally days away from purchasing mine new, and one of the powerparts is an illumination kit that looks pretty sweet. But in the real world is it worth it?

Does anyone here have this kit or anything similar? Here is a link to the part and a little description about it.

ILLUMINATION SET

I plan on doing a lot of night riding and want to stand out. But, since I have absolutely no idea on how it will turn out, I'm also worried in regards to its effectiveness. Will it be bright? Will it distract me from my riding? Will it be worth it?

What do you guys think? I can't for the life of me find anyone's opinions in regards to this powerpart.

2. Try looking on the Duke 390 forum. I recall seeing a thread on that a long while back

KTM Duke 390 Forum

3. Errr, excuse me, chaostheory, but the area you've posted in is headed Bling and Appearance......

Worth it? Only you can decide that.

It does look, to me, a very expensive strip of LEDs....<shrug>

4. Depends on why you want to stand out.
    If it's just for bling, then only you can decide if it's worth it.
    If it's for being more visible, I'm doubtful anything on the side of a motorcycle is going to add any safety value. If anything, it needs to be on the front of the bike and designed to increase the visible width to aid in depth perception for other drivers.

Good luck with your new Duke..

NFI.