Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ducks disease cure

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by Flipper, Oct 20, 2006.

1. As some of you may or may not know....

basically I'm a shortarse :oops:

So this morning I am off to Oztrim in Ringwood to get my seat sculptered.
    Hopefully by this afternoon i can reach the ground more comfortably :woot:

Will let you know how it goes :)

2. Hey Flipper, I'm a shortarse too and I did my seat about a month ago. It has made a difference, but I reckon I could sculpt a bit more out of it.

If I suffer from the dreaded numb bum then I will be redoing it with these:

http://tinyurl.com/yjugge

http://tinyurl.com/yjc8ny

3. So that means we will be getting out on the bikes more....... i hope. :grin:

4. Being able to reach the ground is always a plus. :)

5. Luckily the seat on the SV is really thick so I should be able to get alot taken out of it. I would rather get too much taken out then too little and then I can raise the suspension back up a bit ;)

6. I had to do a double take on this line... I read it as you hoped to be able to do a reach-around more comfortably... :roll: Damn brain getting ahead of itself.

7. Well being 6'2" I don't have this issue, but good luck with it hope it works out.

8. I am about 5"4 and have had my seat shaved a little and WOW huge difference.

Much easier than changing the suspension and then ultmately the way the bike might handle

Cost me $50 so glad I did it

9. Ahhhh been down this road.

Bike lowered
    seat sculptered
    extra put on souls of boots. If you have to do this find a really good shoe repairer, who knows extacltey what your after.

Ducks disease ... its a curse :LOL: