Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Duck for Cover

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' at netrider.net.au started by Pompy, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Seems this Melbourne weather is good for ducks. Riding home Saturday morning after a night of heavy rain, the ducks were out in force.
    Come around a bend at 90K's , and there's a pair of ducks in the middle of my lane umming ad ahhhing which way to go. So with dinner plates for eyes I was forced to overtake them in the oncoming lane hoping the buggers would take flight in my direction.

So take care out there, it's not just cagers trying to kill you!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sometimes I wonder if they're even licensed to be on the road. *joke*

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. They should at least have to pay registration

4. Good thing you didn't come off. Would've quacked your bike.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. When you said Dinner plates for eyes, I thought you were going to have them for dinner.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. You should meet the Riddells Creek geese that have right of way a couple of times a day....b@stards! The lot of them!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. That's just fowl!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Did you not try and drake hard, I would have said "Duck it" and chick myself.

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. On a similar tack was riding through the twisties that is the Somerset dam Road many years ago at night. Had an owl take flight from my left out of a tree just saw it sort of ducked (no pun intended) it skimmed off the top of my helmet the wife at the time saw it bounce off just missed her don't know what happened to it after that but will say it did scare the crapola out of us both.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Should have asked the pheasant plucker's wife to duck in, and take a gander but she's no spring chicken and plays the goose when she can...cackles like a hen and smells a bit fowl...
    A bit much? I'll get me coat then shall I :woot:

11. That would ruffle some feathers.

Would have been struck with a big bill.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. adds a whole new meaning to the game DUCK DUCK GOOSE (and NO I am not calling you a goose)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Proof, they are out to kill us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27C697A900000578-3046898-image-a-1_1429526730381.

• Funny Funny x 1