Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ducati streetfighter 848 discontinued?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by YammyBase, Jun 1, 2015.

1. #1 YammyBase, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
    Just been to the dealer and was told that ducati streetfighter 848 just had its last shipment and also will no longer be made..
    Dealer said its because the new 899 panigale has same price with way more options. ... traction ctrl, abs etc..

To me that wasn't really a vaild answer as 899 is super sports. It would have made more sense if he said monster replaced it.. as they both are naked bikes..

Hm.. was sad to see S version disappeare out of production but now the 848?
    I wonder what's really going on..
  2. Tradition ctrl, I gotta get me some of that :D
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. I don't know what it is about dukes, but I haven't really found any of them appealing since the 998 :/

Well except for the Desmosedici RR but thats not a realistic option
  4. Lol *traction. Damn auto correct
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Probably because the 748 and 998 were the sexiest Ducatis ever made.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. 2015 model is still sold ... whether it continues to come to Aus though, perhaps the dealers right and Aus recently got it's last container of them. Give (02) 8333 7800 a call tomorrow and check directly with the AUS distributor.
    Ducati.com has certainly moved it from their model list and into archived models.
  7. Horrible bike anyway! If you want a naked just go and buy a Tuono and be done with it,
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. There is a Monster 821on my radar. Please don't tell me they are awful!!
  9. really? I'm considering getting one..
    Why is it a horrible bike?
  10. The ergos are horrible, it can't decide if it wants to be a naked or supersport. It's feels as though they have just whacked a set of MX bars on an 848 with the seat still being arse in the air. The one I road felt pretty lame in the torque and HP department. but that could have been me as I just wanted to get off it.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Yea.. it did felt as I was ON the bike as apposed to IN the bike..
    Cool. thanks for your post mate
  12. When I spoke to Ducati City in Melbourne, they told me that they were receiving their last shipment in the next week or 2.

I did a bit of reading up on why they were discontinuing the street fighter and from what I could tell it was due to poor sales worldwide and the fact that Ducati wanted to offer the superbikes and monsters to the sport and street fighter segments respectively.

Either way, I think it's a sad thing, since the streetfighter filled that nice spot between full on sports bike and sport tourer nicely. Oh well, at least there is still the Aprilia Tuono and MV Brutale for anyone looking for an exotic Italian street fighter :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Its a very nice looking machine. Unfortunately it was way out of my price range. Man they sound nice! Ducati, the Ferrari of motorcycles.
  14. This might effect the second hand market price if it's an 'old' model.

Some pretty good deals around the $16k mark out there second hand.
  15. 16k is pretty shitty deal when brand new ones go for 18k if you ask me..
  16. New 2015 ones now more expensive. $20500 ride away Frasers Parramatta
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. nop 18k ride away. I just walked out of there with written quote yesterday..
  18. Then the bastards lied to me!

Another reason for me to get the MV
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Well to be fair they didn't lie, you are free to pay more if you want.