Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ducati Shifting Advice

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by martz, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Hey lads/ladies, earlier this year I went from a CBR250 to Ducati SF848. What a jump!!! So anyway, when I was doing the Q-Ride course on their 125's I was taught how to down shift, but in the Ducati manual it says I should rev the motor when down shifting. So as I'm nearing a red light, can someone please step out the process for this as I'm not sure if what I am doing is right or wrong, thank you.

2. Google "rev matching motorcycle"

3. I wouldn't worry for now about rev matching on down shifts. It looks and sounds cool, especially on a duke twin, but is not at all necessary in everyday riding. Just concentrate on your braking and ease the clutch out. I personally find it too hard to keep consistent brake pressure when trying to blip the throttle

4. GO "the blip" , a must do for us Ducatisti :whistle:.
    Just as you pull the clutch a little "blip" on the throttle as you hold the gear lever down, then release the clutch, then release pressure on the gear lever :D.
    Never hit a "false neutral" again >
    Going up gears also hold the gear lever pressure 'till the clutch is released ;)

• Informative Informative x 2