Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ducati S2R 800

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Somatic, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Hey peeps,

Was wondering if anyone knows the difference, if any, between a Japanese import 2006 S2R and one that came to aus market from the start. As far as I can tell its only color schemes. They had a mad looking racing stripe on the ones not from Japan.

I'm looking at picking one up in the next few days.

Cheers
    A.

2. I have a Japanese s2r1000, and there's no real difference. Expect to pay less for it then an AU delivered bike, as you'll get no service history. Also expect some snobbery from local duc riders, and especially if you get it serviced by a Ducati dealer, and resale value to be lower, but otherwise go for it. I don't regret my purchase.

3. Sweet. Thanks for the info. I bought t on Saturday. Getting delivered next Tuesday. I'm in Mackay, so the nearest service centre is 9 hours away. Which makes for a pain in the arse. Where do you get yours serviced? I am planning on doing it myself, but I need to track down some workshop manuals and parts first. Any idea where a reliable source of these things might be?