Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ducati reveal Monster 1200 & 1200S

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by brabs, Nov 7, 2013.

1. New top of the wants list.
  2. I never got the appeal of these, very boring looking.
    It actually looks like a grown up version of honda's midget bike
  3. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course. However if you were beside me I would have to remove some of your teeth :p

I have wanted a Monster since I first saw the prototype images in AMCN (I think) over 20 years ago.

The dilemma now is the 1100 black evo with red highlights looks fantastic... and now so does this. Looks a lot busier though.
  4. Just get the GROM instead :LOL:
  5. Exo baby.
  6. Wow, that dude is huge ;)
  7. Have the 1100 evo.
    Will have to have a serious look at the 1200.

More power, rrr rrrr
  8. Didn't they do a 8-valve monster before? The whole narrative here is "it's totally new and original".
  9. #10 Geoff3DMN, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
    They did an 8 valve monster (a couple of versions actually) but it was based on the previous frame.

However nice the new monsters are (and they ARE nice) they are far from being 'totally new and original', they're just a refinement of an earlier idea (not that there is anything wrong with that and I wish advertising execs would wake up to that fact).

Pic of the previous design S4R below...

10. I think they are awake. The bullshit surrounding Ducati put me off them personally, but it appears many more people buy into it, then are put off by it.
  11. I suspect you're not only more cynical but also more accurate than me :LOL: