Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ducati Monstersedici

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by tim650, Aug 11, 2008.

1. I always wondered why manufacturers do this sort of thing: Concept bikes with a ridiculous combination of componenets. The (old) monsters had a chassis based on the 851 from the late 80’s, stuffing a MotoGP v4 – even a ‘detuned’ one - is being alittle weird.

Sure if you bought one you could point to it while down at the café & tell your mates “that’s a MotoGP 4V in ‘ereâ€, but it wouldn’t translate to a better Monster riding experience.

The new 696 Monster looks good for what it is, & that revised motor should make the most of what the Monster 696 is.

The new 848/1098 motors look a little neater than the earlier Testastretta & Demoquattro donks, so when they filter into the Monster frames later on it should come up a treat.

At the end of the day, the best thing Ducati do is fueling on their FI engines, & this is the same regardless of which bike in their range you might have.
  2. Real bikes have round headlights.
  3. Now that looks good also.

Hence your age haha, my opinion, twin smaller round headlights would look better like Triumphs Street/Speed triples :cool:
  4. i read a while back ducati were selling the desmosedici for less than its worth for them to build. The engine takes up a substantial portion of that cost.

I agree though, monsters arnt a good looking bike.