Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ducati Monster ride position

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Wayback, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Are there any Ducati devotees out there who can tell me if the seat height/ride position of the Monsters changed between 1998 and 2000?

I've been looking at getting a second hand Monster and have found that my knees don't fit under the tank cutout on the '98 model I sat on but do on a 2000 I tried. I'm about 185cm and there's about 50cm difference in my knee height position between the 2 bikes.

Is there any way of adjusting the pegs?

Thanks in advance.

2. Hi mate.
    50 cm's difference in knee height position ?? sounds a bloody lot.
    My advice to you would be to buy the ducati and worry about where your knees are some other time. :?
  3. Thanks saj.

Yes, I was surprised - on the '98 my knees were about an inch above the tank cutout and on the 2000 they were about an inch below.

I take your point on just getting one. Once you hear them start up you start to think maybe the riding position isn't all that important after all!
  4. :LOL: don't take offence i men this in jest but it's 50mm not 50cm doofus

when you say 50cm and the bike has for exapmle as i don't know the seat height on a monster my VTR1000F has a seat height of 79cm, 50cm is a big portion of that, 50mm is not so bad which is 2inches or 1/20 of a meter opposed to 1/2 a meter, can you see the problem with what you said now?
  5. errrrrr .... got it. Yes, 50mm not 50cm.

Man, that's embarrassing.