Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ducati Monster Reverse Thread Mirror Adaptor

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by cakeman, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Hi, i want to put a set of aftermarket mirrors on my bike but dont want to pay $400 + because the right hand side mirror has a reverse thread. I am wondering if anyone knows of anyways around this (except bar ends) or has any suggestions for adaptors or more reasonably priced mirrors.

Cheers

2. eBay.

3. You can get these from www.cruisercustomizing.com I got aftermarket mirrors recently from them and had to get the adaptors to fit, mine is reverse thread on the right as well. Make sure when you order the adaptors you order both the reverse thread one separately and the other adaptor on a different order, otherwise they will just send you one adaptor. Cant remember how much mine were but they were under $20 plus postage.

4. Take off the mirrors undo the mounting hardware tun it upside down
    so you are not left with a hole .
    Buy some bar end mirrors = better vision now your not looking at your elbows / bike looks better.
    If you look around and get the right ones you can get a set that you can
    adjust up so you can lane split.
    I have this set up and it works well for me
    my 2 cents

Oops just re read you don't like bar ends
    douh!!! sorry for wasting your time