Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ducati monster pulsing at revs

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by LCGTR1970, Jan 18, 2012.

1. hi all
    just got a question regarding my bike.
    its a 600 ducati monster and it feels like at constants revs (cruising at a constant speed eg highway and also in 60kph traffic) that the bike is pulsing. like the revs are starting to run in unison (if that makes sense).
    im not sure if ive read somewhere or not that when it does this its time to get the valve timing adjusted????
    anyone have any idea on this?
    my main worry is that its going to do damage, so i just want clarification from people in the know as to whether or not its a bad thing or am i being paranoid.
    thanks in advance

2. Could be carb sync issue, if it's out you notice a lot more vibes & it will struggle a touch as the revs rise.

It's pretty easy to do yourself, if your that way inclined, google 'DIY Manometer' for all the info.

It could also be a tuning issue, ie, it's tuned to have a flat spot in a certain RPM range to meet noise emission tests, does it only happen at a specific RPM range?

You could also be in too high a gear for the speed...

Has it always done it, or only recently?