Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ducati Monster 750??

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by JCL, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Hi All,

Ive done a lot of searching but havent found a lot of info so Im after some advice on the Monster 750. I am finishing up on my restrcitions shortly and would like to know some information on the Monster.

Firstly, I am not after something supersport, I prefer to cruise around and would like to be comfortable in doing so, I do join a couple of friends for some more spirited runs though so am after something that can handle some coreners as well. It seems the monsters have a more upright seating position which I would prefer but is it a comfortable bike to ride?

I will be commuting to work on fridays and mainly riding on weekends so I would need it to be suitable for that.

Ive read about reliability issues with Ducati, I would be reguarly servicing it so I would be planning on keeping it in very good order so would hope to avoid some of the unreliability problems due to irregular servicing.

Any information would be great..

2. The M750 hasn't been in production for a few years now and I'd hazard a guess that you would be more likely to pick up a carby model than fuel injected.
    In the past 750s, were regarded as the "nicest"capacity for a Ducati road bike.
    It would be a bike that, if the ergonomics are suitable, you could ride for quite a while after your restrictions.
    I've ridden Monster for almost 10 years. :D

3. a good place for info on the monsters is: http://ducatimonsterforum.org

if you search the forums using '750' you will have plenty of reading and it should answer any questions you have about them

I've been on an 05 620 Monster for a few months now and they're a good bike for weekend blats and would probably be a good commuter - not amazingly quick, but certainly a good step up in torque from the 250 and will put a smile on your face after being on a 250 for a while..

4. I had a brief ride on a M750 and was amazed how bad it was. I think the good remarks about the 750 engine must be about the 750ss.

Maybe they grow on you, but he lack of power, roughness of the engine and lack of steering lock were suprising to me.

I wouldn't be suprised if the VTR250 was a quicker bike.