Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ducati Monster 659 exhaust mods

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by ursus, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. One of my friends mentioned that it would be wise to modify the exhaust pipes on my Monster 659. His reasoning was that making your motorbike louder makes it more noticeable in traffic and therefore safer.

I am new to motorcycles and have no idea of regulations relating to this. Akrapovic site did not specific exhaust systems for my bike. Anyway, is it a good idea? What are the options? Where to look? Is it legal?
  2. There are accepted decibel levels for bikes, google it. Probably something like 94. As far as being heard is concerned, i wouldnt argue that a louder bike will be noticed more, but of course the plod will notice it to. If that doesn't worry you go for it, others may disagree of course.
    Opinions will flow and there are previous threads discussing the topic, do a search.
  3. I believe any 'performance' mod on a LAMS bike renders it non LAMS and effectively uninsured.

As Mcsenna said there are plenty of threads so search is your friend.
  4. ROB is right anything that increases performance on a LAMS bike it not allowed but then again what increases performances and how the plod going to know it more if you crash that you have a problem
  5. It's been done to death.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.