Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ducati Hypermotard!

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by lil, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Oh yeah, that looks like one funky number. :cool:
    I rode a brother's Multistrada at Winton recently and it was heaps of fun.
  2. Looks like it’s got the ‘07 1100cc dual-spark 2-valve engine with the oil-bath clutch which is lighter than the dry clutch that they will be running in the ’07 Multistradas..

I would normally be really excited by this bike, but like the Mutlistrada - the bike with a fantastic concept - but lacks alittle in the execution. I think that both this Hypermoto & the Multistrada would sell so much better with a 4-valve 749/999 powerplant or maybe the 3-valve ST motor. Even though it might raise the price I really don’t think the Ducati market is as price sensitive as say, the Suzuki SV or Honda Hornet market.

This Hypermoto from Ducati is the kind of product development that can positively reinforce the brand name of Ducati in light of the competition Ducati is feeling from the larger Japanese brands in the sports-performance market.

I recently rode a KTM 950 Supermoto which I thought was pretty interesting ride. If you can get past the ‘dirtbike’like appointments, this thing made riding fun. And you didn’t need to get way into triple figures to enjoy it.
  3. looks the goods!!

those exhausts looks "out there"
  4. Test bike (close but not identical to the eventual production version) is running around the roads in Italy: http://blog.ducati.com/post/68/una-settimana-intensa

The final version is expected to be in the shops in time for European summer next year and it will be probably another 6 months before it finds its way over here... Ducati is pretty bad with bringing their new models to Australia; 695cc Monster has been on sale both in Europe and the US for a couple of months but not here - we just don't seem to matter. As usual.
  5. Either of those would require a radiator which wouldn't look the part and would add more weight.
  6. I await this one with anticipation. I think it would make a good commuter.
    Australia generally gets its new models come September. So I will be waiting for the new 07 Dukes to appear after that.
  7. Even though this Hypermoto may well be running the ‘new’ oil-bath slipper-type clutch, I still think the use of the aircooled 2-valve engine won’t give this bike the kind of characteristics that will endear new riders to it (Ducati-philes rave about the dual-spark litre air-hammer).
    Seems that this is the hot new class for 2007.
    There’s this Hyermoto, the ’07 Triumph Tiger, the KTM 950 Supermoto & talk of a VTR1000 powered supermoto from Honda.

I reckon the ride would be much like the Mutlistrada, but maybe not so much top-heavy feel without all that fairing & big tank.

I hope this new Ducati has a tank larger than 12litres though (Monsters have 15litres).
  8. Never got the multiwhatever.

Looked top heavy and was as ugly as a half sucked mango. And of course it was a Ducati, which means it's overpriced.

This bike does look much better and would make a good commuter. If they sold for about $12-13K I'd be interested.