Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ducati dealer in Cairns (Experiences?)

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by Mkey, Sep 8, 2006.

1. I have been into Wayne Leonards a few times trying to get info on Ducati's and I find they don't seem to be very helpful, I'm wondering what others have found?
    They sell Ducati, Harley, Suzuki, KTM and others, Maybe I'm going in at the wrong times but I can never find any one who can tell me any info on the bikes, And the one time I did go in there and managed to find somebody to help me, the guy seemed more interested to try and get me on a Suzuki or KTM.

Anyone else have any thought's?
    I have not given up on these guy's yet because I do believe in suporting the local bloke rather then travel to the next town and buy there, But I'm afraid they are limiting my choices.

2. I was on a seminar in Cairns and stumbled across Wayne Leonards. I had considered renting a bike to ride up to Port Douglas, but things got away from me. Anyway, I introduced myself as a Mexican Ducatista and the chap I spoke to (who coincidently had a surname name of Italian origin)was extremely helpful despite the fact that they don't rent bikes.
    There didn't seem to be a hey of a lot of Ducati stock on the floor and unfortunately its a long way to Noosa...
    I was interested in a Shoei flip top helmet (they stopped bringing them in a few years back and I was hunting for remainders) and the owner possibly Wayne Leonard was kind enough to call his local Macleod's agent to investigate. :cool: