Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ducati 749 (Discontinued????)

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by newbikerider, Nov 21, 2006.

1. I am looking at putting down some serious cash to change from my trusty CBR600 to a 749 Duc. Wanted to take a look at the bike show but it was a no show, and just noticed that its not on Ducati N.American site anymore...

Does anyone know if the 749 is still an 'official' model??

cheers

Mark

2. Only a guess at this stage: ucati has always released their smaller 4-valve a few months after the big one, so something about he new ‘749’ might surface early in the new year.
    I don’t think they’ll drop it as it’s going OK in Supersport & there’s quite a few out on the roads.
    A lot of people believe the smaller 4-valve sports Ducati is ‘better’ than the big one (like me).

3. I believe the 999 will be repalced by the 1098 next year and "eventually" the 749 will be replaced by a 848, but that could be another year away.

Ducati Australia

4. +1

Although if someone gave me a 998, I'd have to reconsider my stance!