Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ducati 748S

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by Kale87s, Jun 14, 2012.

1. G'day all, well after growing up around a VTR1000f & now owning my own for a year chance & circumstance has led me to another twin. Picked up this 1998 Ducati 748s yesterday & after a four hour ride to get it home I was grinning from ear to ear :D

only time will tell if this was a good decision but the price was more than right & the sale very genuine so will have to wait & see. Riding this is a different world, new Japanese machines will be more powerful, comfortable & cheaper to run but the feeling I get on this I can't explain just yet lol.

2. Congrats buddy... Lovely looking piece of machinery.
  3. That is a very nice bike but I can't help think it's the wrong colour..... :)
  4. congrats on the new bike :) enjoy.
  5. And the sound it makes is like ..............
  6. FireStorm number plate on a duke is not good.
  7. Cheers guys, have to say red is sexy but the yellow is doing it for me equally well, Hadn't really noticed the plate Blabbus haha. It's up to date with servicing but hasn't done much riding over the last 2 years (1000k's) so we're going to do the the cam belts just as a precaution but valves should still be in adjustment for a few more thousand k's. also has a slight miss/surging so giving the fuel system a good clean out & plugs is on the cards.
    Also have a clear screen on order from the states :)
  8. Fvcking hot.
  9. Looks nice, great colour too. I'm with you, there is an emotional attachment when riding a Duc, each to their own.
  10. That's MINT. I love those bikes so i reckon you've made a great choice. Enjoy!
  11. Sweet ride mate.

Sent from myPhone
  12. nice buddy, great colour as well my dad had a yellow 749SS back in the day. Yellow ducatis are the best...

As some one who is keen to buy an old duc once im off my lams im keen to see how you go in regards to servicing/reliability.
  13. Nice old school Duc! Will stand out more than the newer ones ;)
    Oh and I own the same Arai lid as you...how good is it!! :)
  14. Its very yellow... don't think i could ride such a bright bike haha.

congrats though, enjoy.
  15. It certainly stands out, on a black Firestorm I at least had a little anonymity but you do get noticed on this, The Farracci pipes also help with letting cages know where you are :p