Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ducati 600 monster VS suzuki sv650

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by hoomun, May 20, 2006.

1. hi what are the diff specs of these two bike? which is is a better buy? i cant decide! any help would be great

2. SV650 wins on all fronts, unless you simply want a bike that'll get you from latte to latte...

3. *snickers* :LOL: yeah, the sv650 beats it, got more hp and torque than the duke, give it a google for the specs.

4. Yeah... I won't buy any monster under 800cc.

May be u should have a look at the Cagiva Raptor 650 as well.

[img:1240:829:6eba40d20d]http://www.motorbikes.be/motorbike/4728/full.jpg[/img:6eba40d20d]

5. thansk for the help guys so the sv is better thats what i thought too.

6. Raptor 650 are a upmarket SV.. Uses the same SV650 engine but has stiffer suspension, 4 pot brembo brakes, dual exhausts and 19L tank.. $12000+ORC

Sv650 $9000+orc. The raptor aint worth the extra 3k as your can spend $500 -$1000 to upgrade suspension and brakes. Still leaving you with 2k to put in the bank or buy and Yoshi or similar..

SV all the way..

Cheers
    Tony

7. also worth a thought, AMCN have got a review for the new suzuki gsr600... same engine as the little gixxer, just downtuned. bike is a naked as well, and from the photos in the mag. i think it looks a treat too.

8. There are also the Hyosung 650 and the new yamaha 600 competing in that markete segment as well, I would suggest going and testriding them all and see what fits you best :)

9. Still won't look like a raptor though...

Don't get me wrong, the SV's a good looking bike, but the Raptor definetly has more sex appeal.

Not worth the money if you purely at the specs. But then no italian bike is worth the money on performance alone.