Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

DUC 999 vs AGUSTA F4

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by randy, Jan 26, 2005.

1. DUC 999 vs AGUSTA F4 - ridden both? your comments please

2. :shock: Why bother..your opinion won't be good enough anyway :wink:

3. Haven't ridden either but from the superficial perspective of an Aprilia rider:

Duc: Everyones got one, boring colours unless you get a yellow one.

MV: what can I say, a class of it's own and a head turner wherever you go. If I could afford one .... mmmmmmmm

Bernelli Tre: Had to throw this in. Apparently a fantastic ride. Love the green/silver livery. Similar price range.

4. Are you being testy lodger or is that your way of saying try it for yourself don't take someone elses word?

5. No truer words can be said :D

6. If I'm ever offered any of those I wont be having a wank over which is better, they're all top class kit.

7. It all depends on what you actually want the bike for.

DUCATI
    90% of riders buy them as poser bikes and dont really have any clue how to ride
    VERY expensive to maintain
    MUST be ridden hard otherwise the bike does not like it

MV
    Well, art in it's truest form
    90% of owners know how to ride as the bike was designed for a single purpose.... RIDDEN HARD AND FAST

That is all I have to say about that. :D

8. As a Ducati rider though not 999, I would say I would if someone gave me the money take the 999 over the RSV, though looking through my current AMCN I really like the graphics on the '05 RSV

9. I am confused about all this - this is the most I can fathom

DUC = bird that floats
    MV = motor vessel (maybe one of those old steam putt putts on the Yarra?)
    Benelli Tre = misspelllt small Italian tree from the Benelli region just north of Roma in the old country

Really I am just jealous cos I have never ridden any. BTW does anyone have any thought on the DUC 907ie as I have always wanted one.

Cheers

10. If I had the Duke I'd stick it in the garage but if I had the F4 I'd stick in the living room and stare at it.

This is because the F4 would be too damn uncomfortable to actually ride.

11. I can't really comment on the Ducati or MV but the Benelli's I have ridden (not that I expect all to believe me as I work for the importers)... they aren't the most powerful bikes but the handling, braking & steering is superb, our stock Benelli Tornado made my race R1 (with Ohlins rear shock & Race Tech front end) feel like a soggy sponge.

12. Personally I would stick the F4 in my bedroom, so it could be the last thing I see before I close my peepers for the night and the first thing I see when I wake in the morning. :D 8-[

13. That's what I used to think about my ex girlfriend.

14. what, uncomfortable or the last/first thing you see?

15. ha ha, she was comfortable so it must be the other.

16. Hmmmm, Pink Angel, I think the MITCH model is a much better motorcycle for the bedroom
    - Fast and agressive by nature
    - Can also provide a gentle slow paced ride
    - Multiple settings
    - Lovely ride
    - Awesome sounding at full song..... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

17. But does it meet the Australian noise regs?

18. Interesting point

When ridden at any pace, definately, but when you hit the rev limiter and hold the throttle wide open for tooo long, it does go beyond 98dB

19. But is it good for long rides, or only suitable for short squirts? :LOL: :p :LOL:

20. Hi Gromit,

It all depends on the amount of "twists" during the ride that determines the duration... Long, moring straight up and down rides are kind of boring and not that taxing and takes a long time to enjoy yourself. Where as twists and turns and bumps and jumps make the ride more exciting and more tiring.

I hope this clears up the difference between an MV, 999 and a MITCH