Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dual Sport Helmets

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by nathanshnoz, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Hey all,

Looking at getting a dual sport helmet. the only one i could find was these shoei ones which are pretty expenisve. anyone know of any other manufacturers of these type of helmets?

http://thehelmetwarehouse.com.au/store.php?crn=269

2. You already have a decent helmet.... why not have both?

3. correction, i already have one crap helmet, and i need one suitable for off road riding as well, killing two birds with one stone i believe the phrase is...

4.  Top
  5. the Zeus is really just a dual sport styled helmet in that it is an absolute pain in the ass to fit MX goggles in the opening with the visor up.. it is more just a road helmet with a peak..

the Shoei Hornet and the Arai XD3 are the real deals.. but you pay for them due to the fact that they are a very low seller, plus they are Shoei/Arai

I have a Shoei Hornet and it is brilliant.. nearly as comfy as my Shoei XR1000

6. KBC

Just bought a fibreglass KBC D/S helmet from PS in FTG for $79.

Bought to use in India for 3 weeks in July - will give it away to some lucky local before I come home.

It is a rated helmet, and fits well - KBC are not a shite mfg co.

Ride a cruiser the rest of the year - would look a bit out of place!.
    BTW, the 'good' Scott goggles cost more than the helmet LOL!.

7. has this KBC could a visor as well..

if not.. its just a MX helmet.. not dual sport :wink: