Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dual Personalities

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Sir Skuffy, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Morning all.

I have noticed a trend on netrider, since joining, that a number of members create alternate identities to produce post topics that are sometimes considered in-appropriate. I struggle to understand why people do this and why they feel the need to do it.....

My opinion, if you are not a strong enough person to ask a question, raise a topic, etc.. using your known identity, then dont raise it.

ADMIN - is there anyway of preventing members creating a new profile? If it can be stopped, what are peoples thoughts.... Should it be prevented?

2. Well, in the light of the current controversy, I must admit to having an alternate personality.....
    RC36!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
    Seriously, though, I agree, if you haven't got the guts to say it AS YOU, you probably shouldn't be saying it........
  3. question how do you know it's the same person if they have dual personalities????
  4. I've heard that Grobert's other nick is eswen :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

On the serious side, it just seems too sleezy!! Why would you do something like that anyway??? I've never heard of someone being punished or kicked from Netrider for asking "wrong" question or puting up a "slippery" post.
  5. rofl!!! thats almost enough to make me change my signature again!
  6. Well, they are out there and I know of a few of them

Alas, I was just wondering what other peoples thoughts were.
  7. I have been told that a few of the ppls who were involved in the ozbiker controversy have changed their identities and are still on the forum

On the one hand that wouldn't surprise me, but, if they have done so they certainly are posting differently to what they used to.

Maybe they found that it's more fun to post than fight...I certainly did.

Or is it simply that there haven't been any "oultaw biker" threads lately?

But I agree with skuffy, I can't understand why someone would do that. If you don't have the courage of your convictions to say what you want to say and cop the varying opinions it will bring, then why do it?
  8. Damn these voices in my computer.
  9. We can see who these people are.

Those that do it and post abusive posts will have their new account deleted and their old one banned.
  10. Woo Hoo :)

about bloody time to

:LOL: :twisted: :LOL:
  11. Thanks for getting involved Vic. I know how busy you are and how difficult it is to get to a PC sometimes.
  12. But if we got rid of all the clones we'd only be left with 3 people :(
  13. ... and two of those'd be aliases...
  14. And, if your aware of them, you should let us know ....
  15. And two of them would be RC36 and Hornet

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  16. I think it's wrong
  17. So do I, depending on how its done.
  18. hey foxy, has bella had any bids yet??
  19. Bids on what?