Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

DRZ400E for 80/20 on/off riding?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by chokpa, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Hi Guys,

I'm thinking of getting a dualsport bike so riding around town as well as doing some fire trails and dirt track on the weekends to go camping/explore.

However if i'm honest with myself most of the riding will be on paved roads. I'd go with a road bike but i'd like to ride somewhere a bit more remote on some occasions.

I'd be thinking of changing the rims out of the DRZ400e with road tyres to make it more of a supermoto, OR keep the stock rims and put on more road oriented tyres. I suspect the first option won't be cheap..

I like the DRZ because the feedback online seems to be good, fun with a super moto conversion and lower maintenance fees than most other dirt bikes. Plus i'm coming from a 250 so i'm wary about going to a DR650 or KLR50 as I want to progress slowly up to bigger bikes.

What do you reckon?